OK I've finally got some time to sit down and tell you some more of my adventure.
This is a photo of our last sunrise after just finishing our Tai Chi on the platform, so beautiful.
We had a few speakers come in over the time that we were there and they were really interesting. The first was a natropath/nurse who talked to us all about blood. You know that thing that visits every corner of our bodies that we never give a second thought to unless we see it or we have to give it. She did a live blood analysis for each of us and we got a half hour consult which was so interesting. As she explained your live blood can tell so much about your health that isn't able to be found when it has died ( after about 20mins) which it well and truly has by the time it is looked at traditionally.
So the diagnosis from my blood was that my immune system is fabulous. I have very strong well formed white blood cells. They were great you get to watch it on a screen and they are like big white jelly fish constantly changing shape and pushing through the red blood cells. My red blood cells where good but a little overlapping which would be fixed with more omega 3 in my diet. The presence of some cobweb looking material was evidence of some liver problems (alcohol and poor diet) and some lack of B12. Nothing that can't be helped with some dietary changes and a decent dose of omega 3. Really very interesting, would love to go back and see what it's like in a few months to see whats changed. Might have to find someone closer to home who does this.
Another of the speakers was a lady called Wendy Parker who is a Co-Dependency Lecturer,Addiction & Alcohol Dependency Counsellor who also has worked with Dr Sandra Cabot for years. She has just finished writing a book on Co-dependency which she gave us some copies of pages. I never really thought of myself as a co-dependent but when she starts to describe them I was nodding a great deal. Especially at the "can't take any type of criticism". OMG that's so me, Jus can't stand it and wonders why I totally crack the shits. We did have a chuckle over that when I told him.
I have had a few blows this weekend which have dulled my shine a little. These did not however result in a full blown pity party and I've managed to put some of my coping mechanisms into place. We had a wedding on the weekend for one our staff members who just happens to be totally gorgeous. Her size 6 yes 6 wedding dress was so gorgeous. She played at a national level in water polo so therefore most of her friends where fit and gorgeous also. It was hard being the largest person at a function again! Also didn't help that F my other worker who has had a lap band asked how much weight I'd lost at my retreat and I told her 3kgs. Her reply was "Oh well, I suppose 3kgs is better than none. WTF!!! Anyway that is also a co-dependent fault that I value other peoples thinking and opinions over my own. I know 3kgs in a week is awesome so why did that sting so much? We also have difficulty accepting compliments so I suppose it's a double edge sword. The problem is when the photos come out and you don't recognise the person in them to be you. Who's that you ask yourself, is that really what I looked like? That's not how I felt, is that really what other people saw?? So I've been grappling with this the last few days but have handled it much better than I would have in the past. I also know I'm making changes that will pay off in the long term.
Here's a few more photo's including one of me with Mark and my sister moments after smashing through our boards - he's even still in his board smashing PJ's

2 comments:
Wow Louie, it sounds so fabulous in so many ways and you sound so strong and centred and like it was a truly life-changing experience.
You got so much more out of it than a 3kg loss, and if people don't understand that the loss was a bonus rather than the point of the exercise then I think they have completely missed the point!
Nic. xx
Hi, Louie,
I'm completely with Nic on all of that. And you just have the loveliest face! I've always thought that when I see your photos.
And I see what you mean about that grass! Was it real? lol. I saw a fountain somewhere the other day (the movie today? TV last night?), and I thought it almost looked obscene with all that water... Lol.
I have to say that I used to be a haematologist, so did a lot of looking at that dead blood, which is also very informative. Lack of B12 usually makes your red blood cells bigger than normal (macrocytic, in tech speak).
Tracey
Post a Comment