Well we all trudged off to the Nutritionist on Tuesday to have our allergy tests done. We had made the appointment for DH and Miss 4 but I got included as an after thought. So you imagine my surprise when I came out of there with the worst results of anyone. How does that work?? The good news is that I have the best chance of fixing all my problems. Candida (pictured)- It's a really nasty little thing when it gets out of control and can cause such an array of problems. I have had problems with it before and have treated it with diet and felt much better. It always intrigues me that most people who are in the "alternative" medicine field have a broad understanding of it yet most medical doctors never even talk about it. Talking from experience I completely believe in the problems caused by an imbalance of Candida. So for the next 6 mths I'm on an anti candida eating plan (not diet). This includes no sugar, tea, chocolate, white flour, yeast, mushrooms, anything fermented, milk and most distressing coffee. I think the coffee is going to be the hardest because it is such a part of my life. It's our business it's what I do and it's such a lovely thing that DH and I do together. Though if I want to be healthier this is what I need to do. He also said that he thought that this would help my body to lose some weight and for my metabolism to work more efficiently. So I'm on day 3 and sipping my camomile tea and thinking that 6 months really isn't that long - maybe I can lose a few kilos along the way and my body's got to thank me for not poisoning it with all those things doesn't it?
Friday, July 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hi Louie,
I sent you an email about all this. This guy consults out of a place in Williamstown which is close to me so that's quite convenient! good luck with the no coffee. It's been a month since I've had one now (sob sob!) but I am still drinking tea. don't know how I'll cope if I have to give that up too!
When I've gone to the doc for candida I've been told "take this pill, use this cream and the problem will be solved". They don't mention "until next month". I did find it just went away on its own after I started eating healthier. Good luck on your journey, they're some pretty drastic changes there.
Post a Comment