OK so the Body for Life thing has gone on the back burner a little. See I was having huge problems focusing and couldn't get my head back to a place that I had been before. Totally focused and reaching for my goals. Infact I felt like I was right back where I started. I felt like I was trying to walk up a really slippery slide, I just couldn't get a grip and kept sliding back down. Well my angels must have been looking out for me as I rang my Chiro/Kineseologist to make an appointment for Miss 7. You usually have to wait weeks to see her but the receptionist told me I had an appointment with her that afternoon. I had know idea how it had been made and thought I was going nuts not remembering appointments. So I went along and together we nutted out what was wrong. This might sound a bit mumbo jumbo for those that haven't ever done it but I've done heaps of work with her to get this far. Somehow I had got it in my head that my life was so perfect and nobody's life is that perfect there always has to be something wrong. For me it is my weight, so I thought (and don't worry it sounds so stupid to me, but the mind is a powerful thing) if I lost weight something would go wrong with someone else in my family. By staying fat I was protecting them. Thankfully she straightened me out and I have been so focused and on fire since. I'm totally back and have clear goals that I'm reaching for and grabbing with both hands. And by the way I am not going nuts, I had rung and left a msg about making an appointment a few days before. The other receptionist had rung back and left a msg for me that they had a cancellation that she would put me in for but I didn't get that msg until after I got home. Thankfully I didn't miss it cause it really has changed my world. I think I got to a point where I thought I was fixed and I think unfortunately it's going to be a bit like an addiction. It's always there, you can't be cured but you can learn to manage it. She got me to text her a truthful list of all the foods I thought I had a problem with (she also sent me hers). The plan is to recognise that these are danger foods and it is safer to just not go there. My danger foods are:
Chips Hot and Cold (including corn chips)
Lollies
Sweet Biscuits
Chocolate
Donuts
Cashew Nuts
So far I have gone a week of total avoidance off all these foods. Yippee!!
Also DH and I have just come back from 5 nights in Noosa to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. It was fantastic and just the break we needed. Lots of exercise, body boarding, swimming, reading, sun, spa..................................so much fun to spend such lovely time with my best mate. Above is a picture of the apartment we stayed in, gorgeous and had it's own private roof top spa that had the same view.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Where did those 6 weeks go
Posted by Louiewillbelean at 12/10/2007 09:04:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OH MY GOD! that makes sooooo much sense to me. You have no idea how much!
Thanks for sharing!
And fantasic apartment!
Fantastic even!!!
Post a Comment